Vitrek is Hiring! Eastern Regional Test Equipment Sales Manager
Vitrek is looking for a technical sales engineer with experience selling electronic test equipment (such as: power analyzers, electrical safety analyzers, hipot testers and precision high voltage measurement systems or similar) to customer engineers in Electrical Manufacturing, Medical Device, Mil/Aerospace, Semiconductor and Power Supply markets. The position is primarily telecommute with about 30% travel to meet customers in the Eastern US and provide technical product demonstration.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years experience in selling highly technical test equipment with access to many key accounts throughout the Eastern US, as well as a willingness to seek out and engage prospects. This candidate must be self-motivated and results-driven. You will need to gain in-depth technical knowledge of our Test & Measurement equipment product line, specifications features and the applications they fulfill. Please do not apply unless you have direct experience selling advanced electronic Test & Measurement equipment, with a solid understanding of measurement fundamentals such as: accuracy, bandwidth, sourcing capabilities and input impedance.
- Demonstrate, promote and sell complex electronic test equipment products using strong product and application knowledge to existing and prospective customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Work with existing sales distributors/reps in the territory to increase “share of mind” and overall sales levels
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets for bonuses and commission above base salary
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Proven work experience selling advanced electronic test & measurement equipment
- In depth knowledge of capabilities, performance and operation of complex electronic test and measurement instruments such as harmonic power analyzers
- Seasoned business traveler willing to travel 30% or more
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS EE degree or equivalent
- $120K salary (includes $30K commissions on existing business)
- Additional $30K incentives for growth in sales
- Healthcare, vacation & holiday pay, 401K style SIMPLE IRA with matching
Since 1990, Vitrek has provided innovative global solutions for high voltage test and measurement including electrical safety compliance testers, multi-point high-voltage switching systems and graphical power analyzers. Vitrek also supplies precision high voltage measurement standards to national laboratories and calibration labs around the world. This unique combination of capabilities positions Vitrek as a leading provider of test solutions serving the photovoltaic, medical equipment, power conversion, electrical component and appliance industries.