Portable balancing system. Vibration analysis and jet engine trim balance instruments and accessories for commercial and military aviation. Designed to swiftly pinpoint engine problems and eliminate avoidable engine removals. Rapid configuration and intuitive user interface make it straightforward and uncomplicated to use.
The strategy of the PBS-4100+ portable balancing system is to correlate vibration magnitude to the specific moving parts within an engine. This way, different vibration content is “matched-up” with each of their respective spools. The overall engine vibration may be considered as the summation of the vibration contributions by each moving part within the engine. It becomes critical to correlate a given rotation with each of the respective moving parts within the engine, as the source of the vibration can then be ascertained and corrected.
The PBS-4100+ portable balancing system employs a series of on-board digitizers to measure the magnitude of the vibration and each spools’ rotational speed. Advanced logic is integrated to assess the 12-o’clock position of each engine spool to understand where on the spool an imbalance might be located. Vibration is correlated to the spools using a series of configurable “tracking filters”. A “tracking filter” is a series of specialized computer algorithms, which measure the rotational speed of a given spool, then filter the vibration content outside of a narrow band of interest. The narrow band of interest is the characteristic frequency of vibration around each spool’s rotational speed.
Using the tracking filter for each speed, the contribution of vibration of each spool is separated. As vibration varies with engine speed, measurements are “trended”.
In testing a jet engine, the operator will execute a vibration survey on the turbine engine. The survey is a slow cycling of engine speed from idle to maximum, then back down to idle again. As this occurs, the PBS-4100+ will measure the vibration contribution from each of the spools and plot its findings on a series of plots (most notably, a “Speed versus Vibration” plot. In addition, the overall vibration is also plotted.
Test Parameters for ALL commercial and military turbofan, turbojet, and turboshaft engines, including:
- CFMI: CFM56-2,-3,-5,-7
- GE: CF34-3, -8, -10, CF6-6, -50, -80A, -80C, GE-90-94, -115, CJ-610, CF-700, F101, F110-100, – 129, -132, -400, F118-101, LM-1500, 1600, 2500, 6000 (all versions)
- Honeywell: ALF502, LF507, TFE731 (all models)
- P&W: PT6, JT3D, JT8D (all small and large models), JT9D (all models)
- PW2000 -2037, -2040, -2043, PW4000 (All Models), F-100 (all models), F-117, GG4 and other industrials.
- Rolls-Royce: RB211-22B, RB211- 524B/C/D, RB211-524G/H, Trent (all models) RB211-535C/E4, Tay (all models), Spey
- Rolls-Royce-Allison: GMA3007
- IAE:V2500 (all models)
Many configurations of this portable balancing system are available, we encourage you to contact MTI Instruments Engineering to discuss configurations for your specific jet engine.
Accurate Vibration Survey Data
Collect data from a wide range of sensors that provide vibration readings which are then quickly and accurately collected, and converted and presented in desired units. Clear, concise graphics indicate where vibration problems exist. Broadband and tracked vibration levels are reported quickly and accurately, ensuring rapid diagnosis.
Several different formats including tables, bar graphs and X-Y plots are used.
Robust Diagnostic Capabilities
Frequency spectrums are displayed in real time for all channels to aid in diagnosing vibration problems. In addition, waterfall spectrums can pinpoint speed related issues.
Built-in Balancing System
Quickly reduce vibrations by using the WinPBS Balance Wizard. Trial. weight and stored influence coefficient balancing methods are both supported.
- Up to 4 vibration channels and 3 speed channels for comprehensive machine testing
- Intuitive color graphical user interface with touch screen for fast and reliable operation
- Large color front panel display for easy viewing
- Instinctive Balance Wizard for trouble-free and accurate trim balancing at the touch of a button
- Built in diagnostics and traceability reporting – reduce maintenance costs with no downtime
- Versatile aircraft cable sets and connection accessories for all jet engine and aircraft types
|PBS-4100R+ for the test cell**
|Ruggedized MILITARY SYSTEM,2T/4V, CE, WEEE
|Request Infomation on Ruggedized MILITARY SYSTEM,2T/4V
|Request Infomation on COMMERCIAL SYSTEM,2T/4V
|COMMERCIAL SYSTEM,2T/4V,ROHS, CE, WEEE
|Request Infomation on COMMERCIAL SYSTEM,2T/4V,ROHS, CE, WEEE
|Not finding what you’re looking for? MTI offers custom solutions More Info About MTI’s Custom Solutions
**Many configurations are available, we encourage you to contact MTI Instruments Engineering to discuss configurations for your specific jet engine.
Test cell vibration analysis and engine trim balance instruments and accessories for commercial and military aviation gas turbine jet engines. Designed to quickly isolate engine problems and locate troubles. Rapid configuration and intuitive…
The state of the art speed resolver/signal conditioning unit capable of working with all types of engine speed signals. Whether you are testing jet engines with a long tooth or short tooth embedded N1 signal, if you have engines with older…
This CA1800 charge amplifiers provides up to eight(8) channels of precision charge amplification for accelerometers and other charge mode devices.
- Introduction to the PBS-4100+ Portable Vibration and Balancing System and its setup in our lab. Watch here.
- Walkthru of the preferred workflow for jet engine turbine vibration analysis and balancing. Watch here.
- Using the 1510A Portable Signal Generator with the PBS-4100+. Watch here.