Poway, CA—December 7, 2023—Vitrek – a global provider of precision electrical safety testing equipment, high-speed data acquisition and signal recording, and advanced wafer metrology and non-contact displacement sensors – is actively engaged in supporting the expansion of the US-based semiconductor manufacturing industry driven by the CHIPS and Science Act enacted into law in 2022.
Vitrek and its subsidiary brands, MTI Instruments and GaGe, combine to offer products vital to the semiconductor industry:
Semiconductor Wafer Metrology
- MTI Instruments metrology systems test wafers during quality control stages to check thickness and flatness for compliance with minimal bow, warp, and total thickness variation (TTV) requirements.
- GaGe digitizers are employed during ultrasonic, non-destructive inspection of wafers for potential flaws or manufacturing defects.
Semiconductor Test and Characterization
- GaGe digitizers, FPGA signal processors, and software are utilized in high-speed PASS/FAIL testing systems.
- MTI’s precision signal simulators are used for calibrating data acquisition systems and providing precision electrical signals for device testing.
- Vitrek power analyzers and DC loads are used in the operational testing and characterization of packaged semiconductor devices.
Semiconductor Fabrication Capital Equipment
- MTI capacitance sensors are applied to ensure high-precision stage parallelism during the wire bonding process.
- GaGe digitizers are used in real-time process control with high-speed digitizer data, allowing for rapid real-time characterization of fabrication processes and short data latency to enable fast device control loops.
- Vitrek power analyzers and DC loads are employed during design and production testing for a wide range of fabrication gear.
“Vitrek offers a unique selection of test and measurement instruments supporting the accelerated growth of the US semiconductor industry driven by the CHIPS Act,” said Don Millstein, Vitrek’s President and CEO. “In addition to our support of the semiconductor industry, we proudly design, test, and manufacture all our products in the United States.”
Since 1990, Vitrek has provided innovative global solutions for high voltage test and measurement including electrical safety compliance testers, multi-point high voltage switching systems and graphical power analyzers. Vitrek is the parent company of several industry related brands, including XiTRON, MTI Instruments, GaGe, Signatec and KineticSystems. Our portfolio of products include test and measurement solutions including high-voltage, safety and compliance testing solutions, non-contact measurement devices, portable signal simulators and calibrators, semiconductor/solar metrology systems and turbine engine/rotating machine balancing. Our data-acquisition brands add a wide array of board-level data acquisition and integrated real-time signal recording system solutions from GaGe, Signatec, and KineticSystems. Vitrek also supplies precision high voltage measurement standards to national laboratories and calibration labs around the world. This unique and complementary combination of product and engineering capabilities positions Vitrek as a leading provider of test solutions serving the photovoltaic, medical equipment, power conversion, electrical/electronic component, semiconductor, aerospace and appliance industries. Vitrek is an accredited ISO 17025 Calibration Laboratory and ISO 9001:2015 Certified organization.